Is this half way?? Still going strong. Last weeks dire week is behind me. Nothing great to report, the ongoing issues aren’t resolved but hey-ho. I’m plodding on!
1. What have you done this week to help you achieve your goals?
1. Achieve a better work/life balance
All systems go to start reduced hours on 12th September. I’ve gone public with the rest of my team and the response was positive and supportive – I had a fear there would be cries of ‘what about me?!’ but there wasn’t. I spoke to my manager about the nursery situation. She can delay the change if I need to but I’ve said to keep going and I will sort nursery between now and November.
2. Get back into reflective journalling
Nothing on this
3. Lose 5lb
My new goal. Setting a small achievable target with a long term plan tied into my plan online. Lost 2lb this week so pleased with that 🙂
4. Learn to meditate and/or relax
5. Complete 3 things on my DayZero Project
I went to my first WI meeting last night and had a great time 🙂 Saw people from my sewing group that I stopped going to a few months ago due to stress and tiredness. It was great to catch up with people I’ve not seen in a while and I’m aiming to get back to sewing group sooner rather than later.
6. Complete one sewing project (regain my sewing mojo)
Not finished the quilt yet! Jack was born last Wednesday so I’ve got the rest of the fabric and will get that sorted this week.
2. What have you done this week to make you feel fabulous?
Nothing that I can think of! We are both so tired and run down we have decided tomorrow we are having a take away and will be in bed by 8pm. I can’t get any time off work so we’re trying to do little things to recharge our batteries at home.
3. Do you feel you get everything out of your life? Would you like to change things or are you happy where you are (I know a bit deep but I’m thinking about major life achievements this week achieved and not!)
Hhmmm……. that’s a question to ponder. In general I’d say yes. I think its easy to sit and think ‘what if’ and you’ll never know the answer. I wonder why beat yourself up over things that haven’t been achieved. It’s not necessarily about making do with a situation but being more proactive to make that change. I’m happy with where I am.
4. What’s your ultimate favourite food? Is it healthy? Can you make it healthy?
My ultimate is parsnips, preferably roasted. Surely a vegetable is healthy! I also do a mean parsnip cake. I keep thinking I haven’t made one in a while so may have to do one this weekend.
5. Fun Question: What do you want to be when you grow up ?
I can remember being at playgroup and telling people I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up so I achieved what I wanted. Career wise I’m happy where I am and where I’m going. The only other dreams I have related to highly unlikely lottery wins!
Positive picture –
The London riots have just totally stunned and angered me. I really do not get attacking innocent people in an attempt to attack the state. Totally inexcusable. Today the people are fighting back against the rioters and this photo cheered me up. I really hope tonight is quieter with less trouble and the majority of people send out a strong message to the mindless minority who think they are above the law.